We make the process simple and seamless. Here’s how it works:
- Physicians outsource their business office to us.
- We require a copy of the patient registration and copy of the patient’s insurance card (front and back) for a one time patient registration into our system. Then just report any changes thereafter.
- The doctor’s office completes a charge ticket (superbill) telling us what patient was seen, what service was provided and corresponding diagnosis. This information may also be obtained from the electronic medical record system.
- We request all monies be deposited to the client’s business account. Copies of checks and EOB’s are reported to us.
- We assign one person to handle each physician’s account (with additional support personnel depending on the size of your group). That person will be in charge of entering charges, payments and taking patient telephone calls.
- We assign a follow-up expert to the physician’s account. That individual will contact insurance companies on denied claims or line items to determine what they need to pay the claim or line item. The information is sent to the insurance company to obtain payment. The follow-up team also contacts insurance companies and patients who have not paid.
- We meet monthly with each physicians’ office to discuss problems with individual insurance companies, changes in coding, delinquent accounts that need to be written off or turned over to collections and anything else needing further discussion.
- Our fees are typically based on a percentage of collection, thus giving us an incentive to perform.